Saturday 5 July 2014

Back to basics 2 - The Verb To Be


This is the second post in my 'Back to basics' series.  As I told you last time I'm working with a wonderful group of adults who prefer paper to technology;  I have been creating printouts to use in class and as with all my infographics, my objective is to transmit each grammar point in a simple, one page format. One of the main challenges of teaching this group, is finding a way to help them retain vocabulary.  By using only specific language in order to constantly recycle, I feel that I'm starting to make progress, it's a case of 'one step back, two steps forward':


This is the infographic that I created to introduce the verb - To be in the Present Simple tense:




I also created two worksheets, the first is in a simple, more traditional format and reviews some of the adjectives that we've been working on:



http://www.scribd.com/doc/232584139/Quiz-To-Be-Feelings-and-Qualities

The second worksheet is inspired by Sylvia Guinan ,thanks Sylvia for introducing me to Bitstrips.  The worksheet reviews a few place names and jobs that we worked on last month.  










I can't wait to try out both sheets on this group and see how they respond.  I wonder if they'll feel more comfortable with the more traditional style or will prefer the more creative cartoon style.  I'll let you know next time.
You might also like to view my 'Back to basics 1 ': Present Simple 
infographic and worksheets.
Click to open in a separate page

I appreciate any comments and feedback.  If you are a Google+ member please comment below.  If you're on Facebook please message me there and of course you can always send me an email: emma_segev@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks and I hope you found this post helpful :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.